Since 1769, This brick schoolhouse has been a fixture on Providence’s College Hill. Serving as a school for the majority of its life, it also housed ammunition during the Revolutionary War, and has been the home of nonprofit dedicated to local heritage since 1959. DUAL designed a renovation, restoration and small addition to bring the schoolhouse into the 21st Century. These will allow more public programming and exhibits, update the staff work areas for a growing organization, add a new bathroom and small outdoor terrace, and add an elevator as an accessible alternative to steep, winding stairs. 

Historic Schoolhouse

Registered Architects

in Massachusetts and 

Rhode Island    DUAL

DUAL - Registered Architects in Massachusetts and Rhode Island